Join now - be part of our community!

help with VGN-FZ11Z

profile.country.en_GB.title
alenalep
Visitor

help with VGN-FZ11Z

Hi I have a sony VGN-FZ11Z, It has been over hesating and shutting down etc.

I have installed windows 7 ultimate on there and it seems to work better however, my network port for RJ45 doesn't show up within device manager.

It also wasn't working within vista. I am not sure what this is, but I can only connect via wireless to my home netowrk.

the battery no longer holds charge and I would like to buy a new battery, where can i find one?

Please help if you have any IDEAS. Also the my vaio update, although I re-installed all the drivers etc, vaio update just doesn't detect my hardware, and says I have a messageID=0800 or something

Regards,

Al

Please help

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Al and welcome to Club Vaio.

Firstly Vaio Update only works with the original Operating System. It only automatically provides updates for the FZ11Z running the OEM version of Vista. You will have to update manually and only choose relevant updates.

You need to install the Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller to get the ethernet port to work. This will not install automatically and you will need to install it from Device Manager by selecting the unknown Network Adapter and choosing 'Update Driver'. You then need to point the installer at the .inf file within the driver. You can download the Network Driver as part of the Original Downloads Package for the FZ11Z here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FZ11Z

If the network adapter cannot be found in Device Manager then you will almost certainly have a hardware fault - but look in all categories for an unknown device.

I cannot find the correct battery for your model for sale anywhere and you may need to contact Sony Support and ask them where you can get one.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
alenalep
Visitor

thx will do.

javascript:smilie(':smileyhappy:')