Join now - be part of our community!

High Frequency Noise when opening programs - new e-series vaio

profile.country.de_DE.title
taabuza
Visitor

High Frequency Noise when opening programs - new e-series vaio

I just purchased my first Vaio and I must say that I feel a bit lost and dissapointed. I got my VPCEB1C5E from SonyStyle 6 days ago. It's beautiful in so many aspects, but:

After the opening of most programs (e.g. iTunes, Ovi Suite), the notebook produces a permanent high-frequency noise which is very disturbing.

The noise starts right when I open the program and stops once the program is closed.

- It makes no difference whether the computer is powered by battery or cable.
- Setting the brightness does not change anything
- It appears to be from the hard drive or the graphics card

I have described the problem to the hotline, but they could not help and advised me to register my Vaio and post my problem.

Does anybody know this problem and can help? Is it a software or hardware issue? I need to have this fixed in the next days or I will have to return the notebook.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
taabuza
Visitor

Update

I've tested some more, and it seems to be conntected to the powering of USB

- The noise is there once I plug in any USB device
- The noise does get louder if the Vaio runs on battery
- If I switch off the selective energy saving for USB in the advanced energy options, it gets MUCH louder!

I can't confirm that the noise is gone if all usb powered devices are switched off (I learned this includes bluetooth, w-lan etc - they are internally connected to USB) as would need to deinstall all usb drivers and I'm not an expert on that, but that's what I read in another forum.

Can someone from the more experienced users have a look at this, please? Does that mean it's a hardware thing and the Vaio needs to be sent in for repair? This would be such a pain, I just transferred all my data, installed everything... :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi tapfl and welcome.

There was a similar thread in the German part of this forum that was escalated to Sony Support in Brussels.

I have added your problem to that escalation and Sony Support may contact you for more details. Please check your contact details are correct.

If I hear anything new I will post here.

:slight_frown:

taabuza
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

thank you for your help! I have posted my answers to the "questionnaire" of the Support Team in Brussels in the German section...