Join now - be part of our community!

How do I complain about VAIO support??!

pchapple
New

How do I complain about VAIO support??!

I have a Vaio Fit 11A that I have always been very happy with.

A few months ago the track pad failed - it was picked up promptly, repaired quickly and I couldn't sing the praise of Sony support enough - and I did.

Until...

After the laptop was returned I noticed that the home key was just 'sat' in place and in fact it was not a backlit key like the rest of the keyboard.  It was clear that this key had been detached during repair and someone had tried to 'push' a key back on, but the wrong type.

In honesty, I did not notice straight away, as the kids use the laptop a lot more than me.  Also in honesty, I thought it would be a simple case of asking support to send me a replacement key to click in to place, so I didn't report it straight away (crazy busy at work, travel abroad. etc.).  When I did speak to support they eventually told me that as I had not reported it within three days of return I was not covered!  They also told me that to rectify the issue the whole keyboard has to be replaced at a cost of circa £170!!

There was much toing and froing, after which I finally accepted life without a HOME key and decided I could probably live with it.

Then a couple of weeks later I pick up the laptop and a screw hits the floor.  Puzzled, I looked closer and realise it is one of the screws out of the rear of the case!

At this point I think "why should I accept no HOME key", "surely if a key comes off, that should be warranty anyway" and "which monkey fixed this (not cheap) equipment in the first place"?

I am now trying to find out how to escalate, but the only email I have is from the support centre who have already told me with a certain lack of politeness "tough luck".

I have gone from being very impressed, straight back to being a Dell customer.

Not happy 😞

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi pchapple and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I have escalated this for you.

Hopefully someone will contact you in the next few days.

Are your contact details correct in your profile?

pchapple
New

Thank you, that's really appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@pchapple Has anyone from Sony been in touch with you at all?