Join now - be part of our community!

how do I connect DVD player to Vaio laptop with no optical drive.?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DollFin
Explorer

how do I connect DVD player to Vaio laptop with no optical drive.?

Hi everyone. I have a new Vaio SVT 1313L1ES laptop. It has Windows 8.

I wish to use my Word installation CD to transfer Word to the laptop, so that I have it there as well as on my PC.

The laptop has no DVD drive. It has an AC outlet, ethernet port, HDMI and USB ports.

I have a DVD player with none of them on it. I think it must be old.It has an AV socket. I presume that I can't use it and need to buy a more up-to-date device.

How would I connect such a device to my laptop in order to install Word from the CD?

And what device should I look for?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DollFin
Explorer

Hi blencogo. Thanks for your reply. I'll do just that and buy an external DVD/CD drive, which will in general be useful. Thanks again,

Laurence

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi DollFin.

You will need a newer external DVD/CD drive which connects to a USB port or Word on a USB Drive.

As this model has no optical drive, an external optical USB drive is a useful accessory.You can create Recovery Discs and you can also boot from an external drive using the ASSIST button.

You can get them for as little as £10 but Blu Ray drives will cost more - try Amazon and search for "External USB DVD Drive"

:wink:

DollFin
Explorer

Hi blencogo. Thanks for your reply. I'll do just that and buy an external DVD/CD drive, which will in general be useful. Thanks again,

Laurence