Join now - be part of our community!

how do you restore a sony laptop without a recovery disc ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tomalpha1234
Visitor

how do you restore a sony laptop without a recovery disc ?

I have a VAIO VPCEC2SOE.Unfortunately I didn't create a recovery disc when I first used it and now some sort of virus has got into my computer.And the best way out seems like restoring it back to factory settings. Any one know how to restore the laptop without calling sony and paying a fee to have a recovery disc sent ? much appreciated..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tomalpha1234,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

the following should help..

To recover from the recovery area

On models with the ASSIST button

1 Press the ASSIST button while your computer is off to launch VAIO Care Rescue.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Click Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

3 Follow the on-screen instructions.

On models without the ASSIST button

1 Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo screen disappears.

If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Select Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi tomalpha1234.

Follow the instructions for "To Recover from the Recovery Area" in the Troubleshooting Guide for your model here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/RecoTS/2010Q2_TRG_EN.pdf

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tomalpha1234,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

the following should help..

To recover from the recovery area

On models with the ASSIST button

1 Press the ASSIST button while your computer is off to launch VAIO Care Rescue.

2 Click Start recovery wizard.

On models without the ASSIST button

1 Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo screen disappears.

If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.

2 Select Start recovery wizard.

profile.country.en_GB.title
flogger12345
Visitor

Check their site for a hot key. Usually its F9 or Alt+F9. When your system is booting up, try tapping that key. It maybe different though base on different brands. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif