Join now - be part of our community!

How long do repairs take these days?

profile.country.en_GB.title
jumbles1971
Visitor

How long do repairs take these days?

Last week I sent my AR21S back to Sony because every now and then the hard drive would make a really annoying repetitive click-clunk noise. On Wednesday morning they sent me a SMS when it arrived at the Repair Centre but I haven't heard anything since and the Repair Status page on the Support pages doesn't work for UK customers.

Does anyone know how long this sort of repair takes? Four years ago when the screen on my GRX316MP needed replacing it only took fourty-eight hours from the time the courier collected it till I got it back fixed so I have high hopes for this repair.

I know I should be a bit more patient, but I've had to go back to using my Win98 P200MMX with 3dfx graphics and a 10 year old CRT monitor with screwed up brightness so naturally I'm going a little ga-ga.

Jumbles

5 REPLIES 5
tonybeard
Explorer

Generally 10 working days. I got mine back in 8 working days

jumbles1971
Visitor

10 days!

EEEP!

Well at least I've got Carmageddon running in glorious 3dfx-o-vision to keep me company.

Sebby
Visitor

Or if you're unlucky (like I was) and the part is out of stock, 2 months. :laughing:

jumbles1971
Visitor

No Half-Life for two months!!!

When I bought my first VAIO I bought the shops extended warranty instead of the genuine Sony (never going to make that mistake again). When it had to go in for repair they misplaced it, the engineer that was dealing with it was never there, they had to order the part... the excuses went on and on. When I finally got it back, a couple of months later, the courier left it on the doorstep wrapped in a paper bag in the rain.

jumbles1971
Visitor

It took seven days (give or take twenty mins) in the end :smileygrin: