Join now - be part of our community!

How many watts does my PCG-GRT815E vaio use??

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Chrisdubz
Visitor

How many watts does my PCG-GRT815E vaio use??

Hi everyone,

I want to use my old Sony Vaio PCG-GRT815E in my car on the move with a power inverter and need to know how much watts it uses to make sure I get an inverter with an adequate power rating.

I've already checked the manual and with it being an older laptop (nearly 7yrs old) it doesn't seem to menion watts usage.

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated as I don't want to fry any connections!

Many thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.CH.title
stone69
Contributor

Hi Chris and welcome to the VAIO forum :slight_smile:

Beside the watts also the voltage is important. Your inverter has to supply the exact voltage, otherwise the VAIO won't work properly. Regarding the watts; the inverter has to supply at least the figure that the VAIO requires. If it supplies more it's OK, but should not be less.

The easiest way would be to check the data on your AC adapter unit that came with your vaio. There both voltage and usage should be stated.

When I google your VAIO and AC adapter I get the following data: 19V 6.2A 120W.

But better check on your own AC adapter!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.CH.title
stone69
Contributor

Hi Chris and welcome to the VAIO forum :slight_smile:

Beside the watts also the voltage is important. Your inverter has to supply the exact voltage, otherwise the VAIO won't work properly. Regarding the watts; the inverter has to supply at least the figure that the VAIO requires. If it supplies more it's OK, but should not be less.

The easiest way would be to check the data on your AC adapter unit that came with your vaio. There both voltage and usage should be stated.

When I google your VAIO and AC adapter I get the following data: 19V 6.2A 120W.

But better check on your own AC adapter!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Chrisdubz
Visitor

Thanks a lot for your help stone!

Yes adapter says 19v 6.2a but it didn't list 120w so thank you very much for your help.

The inverter I am buying is 350w constant so should be ample!

Cheers

Chris