How to disable/turn off side swipe on Touchpad. Win 8

profile.country.en_GB.title
mark-h
New

How to disable/turn off side swipe on Touchpad. Win 8

hello vaio community support forums

I have a son vaio notebook/laptop model number :

Model Name: SVE1513M1EW

I want to turn off the side swipe function that opens up the windows 8 charms.

when i swipe from right to left from the right hand side of my touch pad.

i have searched for answers, but nothing i have tried has worked.

I prefer to use keyboard shortcuts anyhow to access windows 8 charn bar : (Win key + C)

when play world of warcaft i am constantly opening the side swipe function that opens win 8 charms,

how can i turn this off (disable it definately) i have looked at the synaptics setting menu, but i cannot find any way of turning this function off.

can anyone here help me to do this please ?

I also would like to configure my touchpad so than the left button and right button will not move my mouse cursor. and are only clickable. instea of it bein clickable and sensitive to movememnt.

is this possible ?

i have a syaptics touchpad. and upto date driver installed

Message was edited by: mark-h

Message was edited by: mark-h

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mark-h.

You are not alone - this is a common annoyance.

I haven't tried it as I don't have a Windows 8 system but friends tell me that installing an OLDER Synaptics driver designed for Windows 7 does the trick as it does not have the new features.

I am sure new drivers will incorporate this feature - when they are available - but try the above fix for now. It may be worth trying the Synaptics Touchpad Driver 16.0.1.6 provided for the SVE1511M1E which was sold with Windows 7 installed: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1511M1EB/downloads/EP0000278699_8129

:thinking: