Join now - be part of our community!

HOW TO GET OUT OF WARRANTY SUPPORT

RogerM60
Visitor

HOW TO GET OUT OF WARRANTY SUPPORT

This is really frustrating, I'm in an endless loop on the support site trying to arrange a repair of the screen on my Sony VAIO X505 notebook. The site won't let me register it for repair because I bought it in Japan and the site will only register european products, but the global site won't let me organise a repair because I live in the UK.

Can someone please tell me how to actually make electronic contact / email with Sony support so that I can sort this out.

Thanks
Roger

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Roger,

Welcome to Club Vaio.

If you go HERE it will give you telephone numbers for Support on out of warranty Vaios and for Vaios bought abroad (0905 0310006). I know they are premium rated lines but the phone often brings quicker results and less stress!

If you want other methods of contact, change the parameters in the boxes at the top of the page.

Good Luck!

:pray:

RogerM60
Visitor

I don't consider a premium rate phone line even remotely acceptable when all I need to do is arrange shipping back to Sony - this isn't a support call - the screen has been cracked from the rear and needs replacing.

Other methods of support don't work from that page because it is a Japanese product, purchased in America and Europe are refusing to register it.

Not a happy Sony bunny 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I am wondering if it would be much more better if you used a independant repairer?

RogerM60
Visitor

How far are you from Finchley N12?
:thinking:

Flipping heck, that's just round the corner! Excellent idea - and a local call as well.

:slight_smile:

Roger

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Small world really !

I don't know what they are like but I bet they are cheaper and quicker than Sony.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

:cool: