Join now - be part of our community!

how to reinstall vaio movie story software?

profile.country.en_GB.title
nanikoduri
Visitor

how to reinstall vaio movie story software?

hi.

i am using sony vaio VGN-NW20EF operating system: Windows 7

my problem is unfotunately i had uninstalled vaio movie story and unluckyly i haven't back up.

the question is can i install the vaio movie story software again if yes?

pls tell me the procedure and i am very interested in using that.

pls sove my problem.

thank you

nani

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi nani,

You should be able to reinstall this software using Vaio Recovery Center > Reinstall Programs or Drivers.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
peperider
New

I had the same problem. I lost my movie story and Audio sony. Now i want to install into my windows 7. I lready try install the file: EP0000188495movie story and even media gallery but always an error.

Please help me

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi peperide,

You need to provide us with more detail….

• Product number.
• Original operating system.
• Why have you lost this software? If you have upgraded to Windows 7 did you carry out a clean install or did you follow the Sony upgrade instructions? A clean install will erase all pre-installed Sony software which cannot be reinstalled.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
peperider
New

Hello.

I lost all sony software and drives because i did not make the cd's when i
purchase my laptop.
I install others Vista, and recent the 7. I have all the drivers(i think)
but not the great Sony software.

Original operating system: windows Vista Home Premium
Product number: VGN-NR11s/s

Thank you

Paulo

Personal details removed.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Paulo,

On the assumption that the recovery partition is intact try tapping F10 at boot when you see the Vaio logo. This will hopefully launch the recovery process. If working, this will recover your notebook to ‘As Delivered’ – the original OS together with all preinstalled drivers, utilities and software. Bear in mind that this process will erase all personal data so make a backup of anything you need before proceeding.

Once you have the original operating system and software installed, if you wish to upgrade to Windows 7, carry out an upgrade rather than a clean install and retain all software. As stated above the preinstalled software is not available for download from Sony EU and will only be reinstalled as part of a system recovery.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
peperider
New

no partition or recovery partition. that's the reason i lost everything, and that's the reason i'm asking help.
Do you know where i can get the software?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Paulo,

Sony EU only provide Movie Story as part of the original system and if needs be you can order a set of recovery disks from Sony support – you will need to call the out of warranty number. These disks will return your system to ‘As Delivered’.

However Sony USA does provide a download for similar models so this may be worth investigating. The install may work.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNNR110E&upd_id=5038&os_group_id=6

Actually rereading that page I’m uncertain that the file will be of any use to you as it seems to be a compatibility patch.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat