Join now - be part of our community!

How to remove Hard Disk on S4XP?

profile.country.GB.title
FlexiPack
New

How to remove Hard Disk on S4XP?

Hi,

After recently having to reformat and recover my laptop for the third time in just over a year I thought wouldn't it be easier if once i everything is setup up i just copy the entire contents of the disk over to a spare partition on my desktop.

Only i've no idea where the hard disk is located in the chassy. I thought it would under one of the two flaps fastened by a screw but one was the wifi adaptor and the other the memory.

So is there a service manual available to download or can anyone point me in the direction of the elusive HD?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mcflynnster

Not sure if it will help but have a look at this diagram

profile.country.GB.title
FlexiPack
New

Thanks Thalamus but i've already looked at that site. Those diagrams are as clear as mud to me lol.

I decided to bite the bullet and unscrew all the screws (barring the two holding the two flaps on) on the base of the unit. I then flipped it over, opened the screen up and tried to lift the plastic case containing the touch pad and surrounding the keyboard (but not the keyboard itself). Most of it came loose but the centre seemed stuck.

I didn't want to apply to much pressure as I wasn't sure if I was missing something. As far as i could see i'd taken out all the relevant screws though. It might just need a little more persuasive pressure in the lift the case off but i'd like someone to confirm this for me before i proceed

Anyone?

Cheers

anyonething
Visitor