Join now - be part of our community!

HOW TO REMOVE RECOVERY PARTITION?

George.m
Visitor

HOW TO REMOVE RECOVERY PARTITION?

Hi
I want to remove the recovery partition to have more disk space.i have wrote the recovey disk's and now the recovery partition is useless. :thinking:

7 REPLIES 7
huntuibui
Visitor

Hi 
I want to remove the recovery partition to have more disk space.i have wrote the recovey disk's and now the recovery partition is useless. :thinking:

You should be use the Partition Magic 8 software. I removed the recovery partition by it and now I total have 80GB "fresh space". You'd better create 2 recovery DVD before you remove the Recovery Partition .

If you don't have Partition Magic 8 software. Please contact me. I'll send it to you
My e-mail: huntuibui@yahoo.com.

Regard!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi George.m,

Back up all important data and create at least two recovery disc sets before you remove your Recovery Partition. Then make sure you recover your Vaio using the Recovery Discs that you have created, this will ensure that the disc's work correctly.. :wink:

Here is Sony's guide on removing the recovery partition..

George.m
Visitor

Thanks thalamus and huntuibui

But i will lose any data? :thinking:

ps:sorry for my english

:smileygrin: Mery chrsitmas to everyone :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi George.m,

If you use a third party program such as partition manager your data should remain intact, however, should you need to recovery your vaio in the future and discover that the Recovery Disc's you have created do not work then you would need to purchase set from Vaio-Link (approximately €112) :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

ALWAYS back up when playing with Partitions, it can go sour!

George.m
Visitor

Thanks for the advise.I will waiting for a recovery then to test my recovery disks :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: You're welcome, good luck.. :four_leaf_clover: