Join now - be part of our community!

How to update maps in my gps NVX-P1

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Travolta
Visitor

How to update maps in my gps NVX-P1

Hi,

I have a Sony gps unit model NVX-P1 in my car that needs to be updated. The maps covers today Europe but are too old. When I try to update them, the NVX desktop program seems to work for a while, BUT the version of the maps are not beeing updated. Since I live in Sweden I am especially intressted in the swedish maps.

Theese are the versions of the sw I presently have in the system:

NVX-P1: v3.60.1026

Bootloader: v03.25.0030

Maps: Southwest Sweden (V3.50)

Southeast Sweden (V3.50)

Northern Sweden    (V3.50)

NVXP1 Desktop:     V3.5.2.2

The manual indicates it should be possible to buy a map as a product and get a product key and a license for downloading it or installing it from a CD, but when i called the Sony support in sweden, They didn't know what i was talking about and couldn't help me. Can aynybody in this Forum help me ? Pls.

1 REPLY 1

A company called NAVMAN apparantly wrote the original map software for the NVX-P1. I also bought this device from new at more than 500Euro in Germany. It seems the product cannot be updated. I use Windows Vista 32 bit and  the installation software discs won´t even install! Sony should do something about this but probably won´t if the NVX-P1 has been designated as an "end of life" product 😞