Join now - be part of our community!

How to use the D drive on my Vaio Desktop

Dutchy_275
Visitor

How to use the D drive on my Vaio Desktop

Hi every time i try and use the D drive it does not let me my C drive is nearly full and i have 158 Gb of space on the d drive can any body help?????

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Dutchy_275,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Is your drive still the original setup for your Vaio?

If when in My Computer right click on the C and D drives properties, what information does it supply?

If when in my computer, click the D drive icon, what happens?

What model Vaio do you have?

Dutchy_275
Visitor

Hi Dutchy_275,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Is your drive still the original setup for your Vaio?

Yes it is the original set up

If when in My Computer right click on the C and D drives properties, what information does it supply?

Type Local disk. NTFS file system, 275MB used 158GB Free
Quota disk disabled

If when in my computer, click the D drive icon, what happens?
It opens the D drive it shows the following folders: Giga pocket V5, Photo server & Sonic stage.

What model Vaio do you have?

I have the PCV-RS504 model.

Dutchy_275
Visitor

Hi Thalamus
Yes it is still in origianl set up.
Model PCV-RS504.
D Drive gives me Type local disk, NTFS file system 275MB used 158 GB Free. Quota disk disabled.
If i open the D drive i have Giga poket V5 Photo Server & sonic Stage show on the drive.:smileyconfused:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

So you're saying you can't copy a file to D:?

BartK
Visitor

Maybe start already by moving all your documents to the D drive and set the default location to store them on D. This can be done by right-clicking on the My documents in the start menu, select properties and then in the target teb select move and select the D drive. from now on all documents will be stored there automatically.
If you have a lot of programs /games installed maybe uninstall them and reinstall them, but select D drive as a location to install it to. Permanently remove programs you haven't used for over 2 months.
Do a scandisk and defrag after this all to refresh all clusters on the HDD to speed it back up and you are sorted.