Join now - be part of our community!

How to use the international Warranty in Venezuela, when VAIO was bought in Europe!

profile.country.bg_BG.title
Secret78
Visitor

How to use the international Warranty in Venezuela, when VAIO was bought in Europe!

Hi everyone,

In Oct 2011 I bought a VAIO in Bulgaria (Europe). Currently I am in Venezuela and the 2-year warranty is still active. Unfortunately my VAIO presents some damage, as it seems a hard drive damage, due to it suddenly showes a blue desktop with a message "Operational System not found".
I would like to know id in Venzuela they will accept the warranty and will take elook and repair it.
If I wait until I am back to Europe, the warranty will be passed.
I would be glad if somebody here shares his/her experience with LA support for notebooks purchased in Europe.

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by: Secret78

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Secret78 and welcome.

You will find full details and a FAQ of the Vaio International Repair Service for Vaio's bought in Europe here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/virs

Unfortunately, it appears that the only countries in the Americas where you can use VIRS are the USA and Canada.

I am not sure if Sony USA can cover anywhere outside the USA - it may be worth checking but I would not hold out too much hope.

:thinking:

profile.country.bg_BG.title
Secret78
Visitor

Thanks Biencogo,

unfortunately it seems like it will be much cheeper and easier for me to buy a new hard drive and pay everything instead of using an international warranty which is not a real on but just regional.

I´ve got the answer from the Venezuelan Sony Support already and it is negative.Currently I am expecting the answer from the Sony Support in Bulgaria.

Do you knoiw if SONY offers a real international warranty at all? Or basically they are split into the continents and are regional ones?

In general I am disappointed and have to t hink twice before purchasing another Sony product. For international travellers it is not really the optimum.