Join now - be part of our community!

i cannot complet recovery OEM OS

profile.country.sk_SK.title
marsitr
Visitor

i cannot complet recovery OEM OS

hello im sorry for my bad english im slovak. i have Sony Vaio EB1S1E a bought nwe HDD but when i recover OS from recovery DVD, installation is not complet. at finish installation when install service write error: "installation could not be completed because hardware" i dont know what doing now.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi marsitr and welcome.

What is the make and model of the new hard disc?

Is it an 'Advanced Format' large hard drive?

:thinking:

marsitr
Visitor

HDD is Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD5000BPVT 500GB SATA2 S/N: WXM1EC1JDHTW. what do you mean it 'Advanced Format' large hard drive?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately, that is an 'Advanced Format' hard drive.  Advanced Format uses larger sector sizes and allows larger hard drive capacities to be produced.

Any PC running Vista SP2 or Windows 7 will support AF hard drives but unfortunately, the Sony Recovery Discs do not recognise this new format.  You can try contacting Vaio Support about this.

I think you can do one of the following: -

1. Exchange the HDD for a standard format drive.

2. Create a 'mirror' of your old drive and copy this to the new AF Drive.

3. Do a 'clean install' of a comercially available version of Windows onto the AF Drive.

Option 1 is easiest if you can arrange an exchange. Here is a guide to the WD model numbers: -

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/other/2579-001028.pdf

I think you need a WD5000BEVT drive.

marsitr
Visitor

so dont work with with old version of Intel Rapid Storage (IRS) but with version 9.6 and newer it is possible or not? Can i load new driver IRS during recovery OS?

marsitr
Visitor