Join now - be part of our community!

I cant seem to copy and paste using my touchpad

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sweetluiza
Visitor

I cant seem to copy and paste using my touchpad

I no that this might be a silly question buti have a brand new sony vaio laptop, and i being using my mouse which is fine, but then i took it out and now using my touchpad, and for some reason when i double click to copy and paste it does not seem to what to do that, it just takes me to a webpage, or scroll, am  i doing summit wrong. any advice would be great, i have the alps touchpad. i never had problem before on my acer laptop.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sweetluiza,

To copy and paste using the touchpad: hold down the left button and scroll across the required text using the pad. Once the text is highlighted press the right button and (using the pad) highlight ‘Copy’, then either double tap the pad or tap the left button to copy.

To paste tap the right button, select ‘Paste’, and then either double tap the pad or tap the left button.

You may also need to check your advanced Alps Pointer settings for ‘Tap Zones’ and if necessary turn off this feature. I can’t give guidance on this as I have a Synaptics Touchpad, but settings can be accessed via either Control Panel or Vaio Control Center.

If this fails to work then there is a possibility that the correct driver is not installed. Have a look in Device Manager under ‘Mice and other pointing devices’ and let us know whether a ‘PS2 compatible mouse’ or a ‘Alps Pointing Device is listed’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sweetluiza,

To copy and paste using the touchpad: hold down the left button and scroll across the required text using the pad. Once the text is highlighted press the right button and (using the pad) highlight ‘Copy’, then either double tap the pad or tap the left button to copy.

To paste tap the right button, select ‘Paste’, and then either double tap the pad or tap the left button.

You may also need to check your advanced Alps Pointer settings for ‘Tap Zones’ and if necessary turn off this feature. I can’t give guidance on this as I have a Synaptics Touchpad, but settings can be accessed via either Control Panel or Vaio Control Center.

If this fails to work then there is a possibility that the correct driver is not installed. Have a look in Device Manager under ‘Mice and other pointing devices’ and let us know whether a ‘PS2 compatible mouse’ or a ‘Alps Pointing Device is listed’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat