Join now - be part of our community!

I don't know what's happening?

profile.country.en_GB.title
wotalotorot
Visitor

I don't know what's happening?

I don't know what is happening to the Sony Vaio products. I had a Vaio laptop (passed on by a friend) for years which was great. So I bought another on the strength of that. But this current one (don't ask me the model right now, though I can find it if I turn everything upside-down) has been driving me nuts since I bought it less than a year ago. All sorts of problems, especially with communications.Finally, a Vaio engineer encouraged me to restore to factory - and took me through a process which should (apparently) have saved a lot of my information. So I was left with a bare machine. I restored the Microsoft stuff, but it is still throwing up problems, so it looks like it is going down the same route. But everyone says it is someone else's fault. I am utterly disappointed - and cross with myself as I need the machine professionally. I guess that I am rather stupid for buying (again) a machine that I rely on 100% from a place like PCWorld - but I am extremely disappointed that the one machine which has seriously let me down has turned out to be a Sony Vaio.

I tried to tell them this a while ago, but they referred me to my retailer. I'm sure I don't need to tell you where my retailer referred me to...

I have no real complaint against the Sony Vaio chap who tried to help me, as I'm sure he tried his best within the parameters available to him. Certainly, he solved one of my problems, but the problem grew. Now, after the restore to factory default, I have lost loads of records of jobs  [I'm a freelance translator, and bad at keeping records]). And it is very difficult to work out how to make the warranty effective.

I am bitterly disappointed, and I am certain that these problems are not rare. Certainly, my problem seemd to start with security software and some kind of clashing. But how do I know?

I have realised (at the age of 59 - and as someone who has had to try and grasp the whole concept of computers "as we go") that I can no longer rely on a commercial product. I guess that I have to invest a little into trying to find a product which is a reliable tool for me in my work. And that is not easy. As witness this site (not the people - but the Sony presentation).

Oh - and as a final complaint, as I see a point under "Similar questions" - re: cd writer not working - the dvd drive on this machine has almost never worked either.

It did cost me several hundred pounds. And it has cost me several hundred more since I've had it.

Well, that it just part of how disappointed I am with this product. It goes quite deep..

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi wotalotorot,

Whilst I sympathise with your problems, please do not hijack someone else's totally unrelated question.  Please start your own.

I don't see how we can help you here as all your comments are very general.  If you would like to post a list of specific problems and symptoms you have in a new question of your own then you may get some help from this user community.  Your Vaio model would be a good start!

If you just want to have a moan, then please feel free but do it in your own thread.

:smileymischief: