Join now - be part of our community!

I have a brand new Sony VAIO lap top and the touch pad cursor jums erratically hence making difficult concentrate the page or pictures, I am disappointed. Can any one please let me know how to rectify this problem.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Udaipradhan
Visitor

I have a brand new Sony VAIO lap top and the touch pad cursor jums erratically hence making difficult concentrate the page or pictures, I am disappointed. Can any one please let me know how to rectify this problem.

I have a brand new Sony VAIO laptop and the touch pad cursor jumps up and down erratically causing me difficult in concentrate the page or the picture/movies etc.   Can any one please tell me how to rectify it?

Ta.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi and welcome.

Try going to Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre and look for the built in pointing device settings.  You don't say what type of Vaio you have, but you can usually turn off some of the advanced touchpad features.

However, if this does not help then you may have a faulty touchpad which will need a repair.  If it is brand new  and you have just bought the Vaio you should ask the retailer where you bought it for a replacement as it is not acceptable for it to be sent off for repair if it was faulty when you bought it..

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi and welcome.

Try going to Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre and look for the built in pointing device settings.  You don't say what type of Vaio you have, but you can usually turn off some of the advanced touchpad features.

However, if this does not help then you may have a faulty touchpad which will need a repair.  If it is brand new  and you have just bought the Vaio you should ask the retailer where you bought it for a replacement as it is not acceptable for it to be sent off for repair if it was faulty when you bought it..

:thinking: