Join now - be part of our community!

I have a problem with my new battery

jaafar
Visitor

I have a problem with my new battery

Hello,

I just have bought my Sony PCG-K315S, but I have a problem with my new battery, it discharges very quickly . So I must to work on sector. I don't know if there is a problem of configuration or it would act of another technical problem...

If somebody could help me ..:smileyconfused:

33 REPLIES 33
Jay1
Visitor

how quickly does it discharge ?

So I must to work on sector, what does this mean?? u mean work with the mains plugged in??

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

TygerTyger
Visitor

Make sure in the control panel your battery settings are optimised for lifespan rather than performance. According to the SonyStyle shop website the K-315s has, quite astonishingly, a 1 hour maximum battery lifespan between charges, so the quick discharge may just be what it does by nature.

kee-lo_

Thats pretty low.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Consider the K115s has almost double that as a max battery life, yeah I'd say it was low. I can't imagine what they have done to drop it that much. The screen is .4 inches bigger and the processor is .2Ghz faster but that's all. In fact they even dropped the HD size by 20Gb in the newer model, presumably to make up for the extra cost of a larger screen. And of course, 5.5Gb of THAT is now taken up by a recovery partition since they seem to have dropped the premade disks for that model as well.

Come on, smaller HD, half the battery life in a NEWER model, no more recovery disks? What are you playing at Sony.......

kee-lo_

God thats really lame......

jaafar
Visitor

If the battery lifespan is really 1hour max us you say, so i didn't make a good choice for this vaio :slight_frown:

TygerTyger
Visitor

Hm. Well it did seem a bit odd so I checked again. No mention of the battery life in either the specifications or the manual on www.vaio-link.com, but on SonyStyles website it definitely says 1 hour. Just to be sure I also checked the K315z and the K415b and they both have 1 hour too so I don't suppose it's a mistake.

kee-lo_

Its no mistake, it's quoted like that on Savastore and eBuyer.