Join now - be part of our community!

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop, model VGN-FS285E, that will not start. I closed it down as usual and yet today I can not start it, please can anyone help?

profile.country.en_GB.title
lehamme85
Visitor

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop, model VGN-FS285E, that will not start. I closed it down as usual and yet today I can not start it, please can anyone help?

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop, model VGN-FS285E, but it will not start. I closed it down as usual and yet today I can not start it, please can anyone help? The power light is showing on the adaptor and I have taken the battery off but left the power on and it still doesn't show any sign of life.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi lehamme85,

There are a few things you can try but it could be a lot of things.

• Try removing the mains power lead, removing the battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.  Then reconnect and see if it will boot.
  • Try making sure the memory modules are securely in their slots.  A poor contact could cause this problem.

After that you may need to have an engineer look at it as there does seem to be a power problem.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
lehamme85
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for that response but no luck. I think you could be right in that I an engineer.

Thanks again