Join now - be part of our community!

I have had to reinstall windows 7 how do I reinstall vaio software?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ColoradoLuke
Visitor

I have had to reinstall windows 7 how do I reinstall vaio software?

I had to reinstall my OS [windows 7 home premium], this has been successful. However, I am having trouble getting all of the Vaio software, how can I do this?

Please help.

Cheers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did you reinstall it using the Vaio Recovery Partition or Sony Recovery Discs?  If so all the Vaio software should automatically be reinstalled.

If you have made a clean install using a commercially available version of Windows 7, then you will lose most of the Vaio programs and you will have to buy replacements as these cannot be downloaded.

Basic Drivers and Utility programs are available for download from Vaio Support

What model Vaio do you have?

VAIO Model.png

:thinking:

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ascibbo and welcome.

You will find the available downloads on the support website for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-AW11S_B/updates

If it is not available there, then it is not available for download.

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did you reinstall it using the Vaio Recovery Partition or Sony Recovery Discs?  If so all the Vaio software should automatically be reinstalled.

If you have made a clean install using a commercially available version of Windows 7, then you will lose most of the Vaio programs and you will have to buy replacements as these cannot be downloaded.

Basic Drivers and Utility programs are available for download from Vaio Support

What model Vaio do you have?

VAIO Model.png

:thinking:

ascibbo
New

Hi I've got Vaio Aw 11S - Model PCG-8131M I've have made clean install as bought original windows 7 professional versional, everything is working brilliantly as to be honest i wasn't a fan of windows vista as at times it crashed so i've opted to change to a better windows version. is it possible at least to recover some of the programmes or at least multimedia software in order for me to use again all vaio components and staff, or at least if i have to purchase them can you at least show me which versions and if possible show me the links.

your fast response will be much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ascibbo and welcome.

You will find the available downloads on the support website for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-AW11S_B/updates

If it is not available there, then it is not available for download.

:wink: