Join now - be part of our community!

I have sony vaio laptop i want to recovery my windows but i have a problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
l.darnel
Visitor

I have sony vaio laptop i want to recovery my windows but i have a problem?

lap top's boot driver is hard drive

when i start system restore laptop vaio care center program start a process then restart but after the restart there is nothing! instead of starting the coping of windows files

what's the problem help me please i have vaio's factory files(like boot and back up files)in my hard

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi I.darnel,

Which Vaio model do you have?

Are you trying to run the recovery process using the recovery disks inserted in the inbuilt DVD drive?

Have you tried tapping F10 at boot to access the recovery utility on the hard drive?

Given the answers to these questions someone may be able to help.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
l.darnel
Visitor

NW310 is my vaio's model,yes i used f10 then i went to recovery process but when "vaio care center software "started to restore my windows started the restart aoutomaticlly but when laptop restarted nothing came!so restore system failed

now i have a copy windows and i lost the vaio care software and i want to came back to factory mood but f10 not working NOW!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi I.darnel,

Are you saying that after a fail attempt to recover the system using the HDD recovery partition you have installed a retail copy of windows and this is working?

If so it would seem that your recovery partition is corrupt. I assume that you didn’t create recovery media although you would have been prompted to do so on more than one occasion when the computer was new?

If there is a problem with the hard drive recovery partition and you don’t have recovery DVD’s you will need to purchase these from Support. To order a set call the Out of Warranty number – From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (premium rate £0.35/min).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat