Join now - be part of our community!

Im getting sick to the teeth with Sony (I need some community help)

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

Im getting sick to the teeth with Sony (I need some community help)

But I guess they don't give a damn about it.

I finally managed to find a way of updating my VGC-V2S's Nvidia display drivers without using Omega drivers (So, yes, these are official Nvidia drivers) and it worked great. I played Battlefield 2 (Demo) with shadows and everything on. Class. Problem solved.

Not quite.

Having done this means I have lost the ability to watch DVDs, TV etc on my VAIO. I can hear the sound, just not the picture.

So, I reverted back to Sony's pile of (drivers) crap. I can watch TV, but bugger the idea of playing Battlefield 2.

And, I am not swapping drivers every few hours just because Sony is too lazy to get off their backsides and maybe update the drivers themselves.

I am going to ask the community a question, because it's clear that Sony wouldn't bother answering it. If anyone uses current, up to date drivers with their VAIO, and is managing to both game and watch without swapping drivers, how are they doing it? Is it a certain setting in my Nvidia display panel that I need to uncheck/check? Please help.

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Sony VAIO Support has not the desire to fix that problem.

"Because A game which not runs it not a reason to update the drivers" That said "Dietmar" to me via mobile.

And that sucks. What the thought this guy, to phone me only to say that Bull****. I don't like to waste my time with things like that. So if you want a gaming desktop or laptop PC, then buy "ALIENWARE". Or build your own.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Sony will not update the drivers.

I can only suggest that you try going back a version at a time of the Nvidia drivers until hopefully you find one that works both ways. This is often the case with drivers.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Battlefield 2 took months longer than it should to be released. Anything that has struggled is a worry so unless you have it's reccommendations of 1 gig of RAM, 128meg specified card and stacks of room on your partitioned hard drive don't even bother. Personally I'm waiting for the full release because the demo is for 10 minutes gameplay only and it's not much better than Desert Combat

kee-lo_

GTA San Andreas looks good for PC too

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

It appears I may have found a solution. To bypass Sony's evil plans rather pathetic support. I will reply in due time, to tell you if it worked.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Don't leave us hanging Spongebob

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

Well, enabling VMR in the Overlay settings was supposed to work, but then VAIO Zone says the display adapter is already in use, so I can't watch TV. If I disable it, I end up with a flickering green screen.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yikes!

Sorry I can't advise

kee-lo_

You can't play games while watching TV (which is a bit of a shame)