Join now - be part of our community!

INCREASING FRUSTRATION WITH VAIO VISTA UPGRADE SITE

AllenB
Visitor

INCREASING FRUSTRATION WITH VAIO VISTA UPGRADE SITE

Have spent the last 3 weeks trying to get my Vista upgrade for my 3 month old FE31Z after having my COD ID locked out by the credit card error. Despite numerous emails requesting a reset, I still cannot complete the process.

From previous posters here, I'm not sure a call to the Netherlands will help, I get the feeling it will just increase my frustration ten-fold.

It's a shame my first post here has to be a rant!!

I'm on the verge of getting myself an OEM version for £60, after all, the 'free' upgrade still costs around £20 doesn't it?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi AllenB and welcome to ClubVaio!

I would strongly recommend waiting for the 'free' upgrade via Sony.

Despite the small fee, you will have full support and it will be the only way to guarantee that your Vaio will be supplied with the correct drivers etc.

kad1999
Visitor

Hi AllenB and welcome to ClubVaio!

I
hello you recomended waiting for the upgrade from Sony.
Any idea when it might happen?
regards

kad would strongly recommend waiting for the 'free' upgrade via Sony.

Despite the small fee, you will have full support and it will be the only way to guarantee that your Vaio will be supplied with the correct drivers etc.

AllenB
Visitor

I would love to wait for the Sony 'upgrade' but as it stands I can't even get my order in via the website. Modus are not responding to my emails, I feel like I've run up a blind alley.

Is it the case that the Vista drivers will arrive on the vaio update site during this week? I already have Vista Ultimate for my media computer, does anyone know if I can use this disk to upgrade my Vaio and then purchase another license through the activation route. If so, does anyone have the pricing for online license purchase?

Thanks in advance.