Join now - be part of our community!

Installed windows 8 on old laptop- Got new replacement battery- Plugged in not working problem.

Aiqan123
New

Installed windows 8 on old laptop- Got new replacement battery- Plugged in not working problem.

Hello EveryOne!

I have an old Vaio VGN-SR130E laptop. Few months back i installed windows 8 on it. Microsoft compatibility check approved it. Everything was working fine until yesterday i installed a new replacement battery (Old one was getting discharged in minutes).
It is saying "57% (plugged in not charging)"
I don't have Vaio Control Center on this laptop and all other Vaio services due to clean install of windows 8. So i cannot say its the battery care function causing the problems. Already tried switching off the laptop and holding power button after removing battery. Didn't work.
Cannot switch on the laptop without AC adapter but after windows is on i can remove the adapter and system is working fine.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Algan123 and welome to the Sony Europe Users Community.

Your Vaio sounds like a Sony USA model and there is no support on the Sony USA website for Windows 8 on your model.  This may cause some Vaio functions not to work properly: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/os8upgrade.pl?&mdl=VGNSR130E

Was the replacement battery a genuine Sony replacement?  Some third party batteries do not function properly on Vaios.

The original Vista OS used  'Sony Notebook Utilities' which included a 'Battery Checker' function.  You could try installing the Vista Sony Notebook Utilities or the Windows 7 SFEP driver and see if this will install and work.  If you have installed Windows 8 64-bit it may be worth trying to install the 64-bit SFEP Driver from the downloads page for your model here: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNSR130E&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/do...

Sorry I can't suggest anything else.  Windows 8 is sometimes a little irrational.

I would probably think about returning to Win 7 of you can't solve the problem.

:thinking: