Join now - be part of our community!

Installing Windows 7 OEM - CD/DVD Driver Missing

profile.country.en_GB.title
Wiseau
New

Installing Windows 7 OEM - CD/DVD Driver Missing

I recently purchased a custom built SVS1511C5E. Soon after I then purchased a Samsung SSD, I understand that most people would normally clone their original Vaio drive but I found this to be more trouble than it was worth as Norton Ghost was having trouble recognising partitions on the original drive and more importantly I wanted to get away all of the Vaio's bloatware.

So I opted to install a fresh Windows 7 using a genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM DVD. I fitted the SSD, got to the Windows 7 install screen, selected my language, the installer progressed for a couple of seconds and then stopped and complained about a missing CD/DVD Driver with the option to browse and select the driver.

I've tried attaching the original drive via USB and selecting numerous drivers from c:\windows\system32\driverstore folder but with no success. I even ran the installation from a bootable Win 7 USB drive but it still complained about the missing CD/DVD drivers.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of ideas and hair to pull.

Cheers

Tommy

3 REPLIES 3
anthony0579
Visitor

Sorry Tommy I do not have an answer to this but am having the same problem and so just wanted to try and get someone to post a solution.

Anthony

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It doesn't look like any users here can help, so you may need to talk to Vaio Support.

I presume you have tried loading the Intel Chipset Drivers and the SATA drivers onto a USB drive and browsing to this location when the system asks for additional drivers?  However, I would expect Windows 7 to support these natively.

What is the exact screen message you get?

vadik123
New

Yeah, Norton Ghost is not the best tool for cloning HDDs. Use Acronis Disk Director to clone the entire internal HDD to the Samsung SSD with all of its partitions.