Join now - be part of our community!

Insurance

Jonymich
Visitor

Insurance

I am interested in the "3 Year Insurance pack against theft and damage " how can i go about purchasing this

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jonymich,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

I don't think Sony offer such an insurance for theft and damage, have you thought about adding your Vaio to your household insurance or contacting a third party insuance company.. :thinking:

Sony do offer a VAIO +2 year warranty extension PCGEVPW2, which is available from Sonystyle but a search on google may find it available cheaper elsewhere.. :wink:

This provides an additional 2-year service coverage to the standard warranty on your VAIO Laptop and Desktop through the VAIO-Link service program.
Compatible with all VAIO laptops and desktops.

* Extends the service coverage on your VAIO Notebook and Desktop to three years from the date of purchase through the VAIO-Link service program
* Register within a year of purchase at the VAIO-Link Call Centre for assistance from our team
* Available only for VAIO Notebooks or Desktops still covered by the first year warranty

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

www.endsleigh.co.uk used to insure gadgets. Not sure if it applies to CI though

philfree
Visitor

Vaio Style offered insurance on its site until about 3 weeks ago. Not sure why the link disappeared... But the site still exists and the contract is almost too good to be true... check here: http://www.vaiocover.com/

Extract from the marketing page: Accidental damage includes such common occurrences as units being dropped or knocked, coffee spillages and even units being accidentally trodden on or driven over!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the info philfree.. :slight_smile:

Here is link for the Vaio Cover FAQ

According to the site that philfree kindly provided, 'Vaio cover is available as folows:

Sony VAIO Cover one-year policy (for any Sony VAIO laptop or desktop PC) GBP69.
Sony VAIO Cover three-year policy (for any Sony VAIO laptop or desktop PC) GBP179.
To obtain your insurance cover please call us on 0207 365 2947 (consumers) or 0207 365 1585 (Business Customers) or click here

kee-lo_

Thanks for the heads up, wonder if they cover 2 year old desktops?

tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

As I was responsible for setting up the contract :smileywink:, I can confirm that you can only take an insurance if your PC is not older then 90 days. (proof of purchase is being verified)

KR

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
kee-lo_

Sounds like VAIO+

ErichSilva
Visitor

Umm, you might be able to go where you purchaced the computer and ask them if you can still buy that 3 year insurance. I bought it at the same time as I bought my computer...

See what they say. A lot of companies are keen to sell insurance, but it is good to have if your VAIO gets broken. The only problem is that they might say no if it isn't brand new... What is to stop someone from technically buying insurance AFTER the computer breaks?

Try and see what they say. Hope this helps a little.

Erich

tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Very bad advice Erich Silva!
I have designed the process flows and basically you will need to provide the proof of purchase in order to activate the insurance. Of course you can buy the product in the store whenever you want but that doesn't mean yet your covered. You still need to activate the insurance and get the insurance policy sent to your house.

So if your PC is older then 90 days, don't buy this pack as otherwise you will have thrown away your money for nothing.

KR

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)