Join now - be part of our community!

Intel HD Graphics

profile.country.ro_RO.title
Black_Ps
Visitor

Intel HD Graphics

I have a laptop Sony Vaio VPCEB4Z1E_BQ , and i see it has integrated video card and i see it's diabled,it's any way to enable it?, i have a i5 480m Processor.

North Bridge    Intel Ironlake-M IMC

South Bridge    Intel Ibex Peak-M HM55

I want to know if it's a way to enable it and why it's disabled.

Integrated Graphics Controller 

Graphics Controller Type    Intel HD Graphics

Graphics Controller Status    Disabled

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't think this is possible.  The hardware will be either permanently disabled or not present.

Sony have chosen to manufacture and advertise your model with AMD HD5650 graphics (which are superior to the Intel HD) and not use the cheaper option of using the onboard Intel graphics integrated within the processor.

You can try speaking to Vaio Support for the official position but I think the answer will be the same - your model is of a higher specification than one using Intel integrated graphics.

:thinking:

Black_Ps
Visitor

Yes i know it's much better,but i have seen other laptops running both that's why i have asked. But i was sure this was the answer,integrated graphings can obtain more battery for example. Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I presume the Intel HD Graphics are disabled in the BIOS and there is no user option to enable this.  There is no suppoprt for Switchable Graphics except on 'top end' models like the S-Series.

By all means talk to Sony but, like the old VT issue, I doubt that there will be a change for existing models.

:thinking:

Black_Ps
Visitor

OK thanks,it was just a question i`m very happy with it,i just asked to be sure.