Join now - be part of our community!

Internal Cooling Fan running at full speed

McG
Visitor

Internal Cooling Fan running at full speed

I recently downloaded the latest Windows updates and since then my Vaio has been running extremely hot. The cooling fan is running at high speed and when I switch to battery mode, the battery drains within a matter of 20 minutes. The system is less than a year old, and I have tried to use a restore point to revert to previous system settings with no success. Has anyone had any similar problems and is there a fix?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the Clubbe, noisy little bugger these Vaio's aren't they. One member lost a girlfriend over the constant noise aparently. No seriously. Try this IntelUtility and find your models chipset (Pentium whatever). Install it and check to see if it is working at the correct frequency and system bus speed. If not go to the power options by right clicking on the icon in the task bar and turn off the power management. Check again using the intel utility. If it it still working it's bunda off right click anywhere in the task bar and look at the Task manager and see what processes you have running. Anything unneccessary remove from the start up menu. A good utility for this operation is thisTune-UpUtilitiesTrial

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would reinstall Sony's Notebook Control, UTILS.EXE too