Join now - be part of our community!

Internet access

dottydawn
Visitor

Internet access

Hullo there folks,
am having an intermittent problem with my sony laptop. It's a VGN NS20E. It seems to drop internet connection soon after it's turned on. This isn't happening to any of the other computers (1 PC & 1 other laptop) which all connect on the same wireless network. Sometimes it's only web pages that can't be accessed, and I can still connect on IM (yahoo and msn). When I check my connection in the network and sharing centre, it always tells me I'm connected to the internet, and when I troubleshoot it says there's no problem. Generally it occurs up to 5/6 times after startup before it settles down, although sometimes it can happen later on also. Turning off and on the wireless function from the laptop itself allows me to connect until it decides to drop again, as does disconnecting and reconnecting to my network. If I don't do either of these things, the problem can last up to 10 minutes before web pages will open again.
The OS is Windows 7 home premium, and the laptop is less that a year old.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be? Or how I can fix it? It's driving me nuts!
Thanks!
Dawn.

0 REPLIES 0