Join now - be part of our community!

Internet problems caused by Internet Disconnection

profile.country.en_GB.title
mike9586
Visitor

Internet problems caused by Internet Disconnection

We have TalkTalk broadband and are using a Netgear DG834G router, wired to my Sony Vaio FZ11S laptop which is running Windows Vista Premium.

The internet sometimes disconnects which doesn't normally cause any major problems with any other networked equipment (except for the inconvenience) but it does cause problems with my laptop.

If I'm viewing a website on my laptop when a disconnection occurs, that website usually stays as "Cannot connect to server" even when the internet has reconnected, however other sites continue to work. It's a bit hard to explain so I'll give an example.

Say I go into "Google" on my laptop when my internet has just disconnected, the "Cannot Find Server" message appears. The internet then reconnects and I refresh the browser to bring "Google" up but the same "Cannot Find Server" message appears, however if I go into another site, it appears fine but as soon as I go back into "Google" up pops the "Cannot Find Server" message again.

The way I've found to resolve this problem is to turn the WiFi switch to on then back off again, even though I'm using a wired connection. The same problem occurs when using WiFi as well. Turning the WiFi off and back on again solves the problem.

It is such a weird problem, I've never had this problem with anything else before, just my laptop. Could it be a bug in Windows Vista or something else?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
mike9586
Visitor

Anyone?

Thanks