Join now - be part of our community!

Intervideo corel windvd 10 bd - possible solution

profile.country.en_GB.title
Torchwood-1
Visitor

Intervideo corel windvd 10 bd - possible solution

Last year I purchased a sony vaio laptop with the pre-installed intervideo corel windvd 10 but only recently I tried to play a bd/blue ray disc to no avail.

Although I read on the web that the corel software is incompatible with windows 7 i could not find a patch within the sony website nor a solution until now.

If you are still experiencing problems try the following (this is how I solved my blu ray problem):

Press the assist button for vaio care then select

- system settings

- then find and select program compatibility

- next screen select corel windvd

- then press next

- next screen choose the option 'try recommended option'

- next screen will have the heading 'test compatibility setting for the program'

- click 'start the program'

- then click next

depending on your settings you need to confirm changes to your hard drive - you need to confirm change/s for the program compatibility to work

once the change/s has been made - try playing the a bd/blu ray disc - if all is OK and the disc is playing without any problems look for the confirmation screen i.e. you need to selection 'yes - make the changes' or words to that effect.

Hopefully you should be able to play bd/blu-ray discs without any further problems and more importantly you should not be forking out extra money to pay new bd software.

One further point I did notice that I could not use my mouse when making menu selection - used instead the entry/tab keys to make selections (I hope this part makes sense!).

Good luck

Message was edited by: Torchwood-1

Message was edited by: Torchwood-1

0 REPLIES 0