Join now - be part of our community!

InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO

profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO

Hi,
I have a Sony VAIO VGN-AR51M and it plays most bluray dvds. When i load up WinDVD BD it comes up with the message 'The AACS Key has expired. You may not be able to play back some titles. Press "Yes" to update.' If i press yes it signs me into to correl and comes up with an error message saying 'Error Code: R03-Explanation:Cannot find matching AACS Key or patch.' If i press no to the update it lets me play most movies such as 'BLACK HAWK DOWN' AND '300' but wont let me play a new dvd (Green street 2) and says 'WinDVD stops plaback because of AACS error check' and goes to a blank screen. I have downloaded all available updates from Sony.
Please can anyone help? Greatly appreciated.
Please can nobody tell me to by other software.Thank you.

85 REPLIES 85
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mark,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you installed the WinDVD BD -8.0 - 8.0.9.670_2 update.?

If not use the following link to download: WinDVD BD -8.0 - 8.0.9.670_2

markj1993
Visitor

Yes i have this saved to my hard drive and i have run the link in the downloaded file and once the set up has finished it says 'update module installed sucessfully'. I restarted the laptop then loaded up WinDVD but still no luck:( I repeated this without restarting the computer but still no luck.
Any other suggestions?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mark,

What version of WinDVD is currently installed on your Vaio.?

To check the version number, launch Intervideo WinDVD BD for Vaio, then right click on the WinDVD BD for Vaio application window, from the list select Set-Up.

In the new Set-Up window select the Information Tab.

markj1993
Visitor

It says Version: 8.0 DXVA B09.670

markj1993
Visitor

It seems many people with WinDVD BD for VAIO have the same problem and with the views it has had already i see other people would like to know why this is.

Thank you for your help:)

markj1993
Visitor

Does anybody know if this si the latest version of WinDVD BD fo Vaio??

Thanks once again

markj1993
Visitor

Thanks for your help Thalamus :smileygrin:

If you can think of anything else to try please message back.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mark,

Version 8.0 DXVA B09.670 of Win DVD is the latest version of Win DVD for your Vaio.. :slight_frown:

All I can suggest is that you contact Sony Vaio support and ask if a newer version of win DVD is available for your Vaio, you can do this either by phone or via e-mail, use the following link to find the contact details: [url=http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/contacts/contacts.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons[/url]

Unfortunately I expect you'll be requested to perform a system recovery to resolve the AASC key being expired..

markj1993
Visitor

I have only just done a system recovery to factory default and redownloaded everything so i dont think this will change it :slight_frown:

It must be a problem with the preinstalled software not being able to update as it says it is updating the AACS Key but then comes up with the error message. :thinking: