Join now - be part of our community!

InterVideo WinDVD for Vaio won't work anymore

profile.country.en_GB.title
mike9586
Visitor

InterVideo WinDVD for Vaio won't work anymore

When I first got my Vaio, the included InterVideo WinDVD worked great when I played DVDs but I came to play a DVD today and it just wouldn't work, I clicked on the icon, I got the spinning "working" wheel for a few seconds then that was it, nothing happened. I tried restarting my computer but still nothing.

I do know there was an update to it a few weeks ago via the Vaio Update site but I haven't used it since until now.

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
Visitor

When I first got my Vaio, the included InterVideo WinDVD worked great when I played DVDs but I came to play a DVD today and it just wouldn't work, I clicked on the icon, I got the spinning "working" wheel for a few seconds then that was it, nothing happened. I tried restarting my computer but still nothing.

I do know there was an update to it a few weeks ago via the Vaio Update site but I haven't used it since until now.

Can anyone help?

If your only watching DVD's then you can use Windows media player instead. to be honest WinDVD is really aweful, it stopped working for me after a while as well.

Alternatively, you can download VLC player for free, which will play almost anything you throw at it including DVD's. Link is here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

mike9586
Visitor

If your only watching DVD's then you can use Windows media player instead.  to be honest WinDVD is really aweful, it stopped working for me after a while as well.  

Alternatively, you can download VLC player for free, which will play almost anything you throw at it including DVD's. Link is here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I do have VLC and it does play most DVDs but this DVD was a DVD+RW that had been recorded in a DVD Recorder and it just crashed VLC for some reason.

pythos
Visitor

After the update of WinDVD and you run AVG you have a horse trojan but it is a "false positif" . With a neuw update of AVG your WinDVD will be OK

mike9586
Visitor

After the update of WinDVD and you run AVG you  have a horse trojan but it is a "false positif" . With a neuw update of AVG  your WinDVD will be OK

It's all working now.

I didn't think AVG had found anything wrong with any of the files until I was doing a virus scan today and went into the "Virus Vault", two files from the InterVideo folder were in there, I restored them both and it's working fine now.

Plus AVG doesn't consider them a virus any more.

arda1971
Visitor

Use Kaspersky fellas!