Join now - be part of our community!

INVERTER for LCD monitor - PCG-K315B

jonoo
Visitor

INVERTER for LCD monitor - PCG-K315B

Hi does anyone know where I can get hold of an LCD inverter for a PCG-K315B? I have sent countless emails to Sony but they do not seem interested. (Not acknowledged or replied to).

Is anyone else aware of problems with failing inverters, common to Sony Vaio's? If I had of known I was going to have this much hassle trying to get a replacement part I would never have bought the product.

Regards
Jeremy

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Try mailing Nextronics - they are a US based company but will ship worldwide. It'd be so much easier if Sony didn't try to rip off customers by not selling spares in Europe . . .

jonoo
Visitor

Xcellent..... found part no problem. I think it is worth using these guys, they have loads of Sony parts. UK distributors seem useless.

Thanks a lot for your help.

SONY, THANKS FOR NO HELP AT ALL!!!!!

Regards
Jeremy

schouw
Visitor

I also have problems with my LCD and looking for an inverter. I also hear nothing from sony. I regret I have ever bought a sony Notebook.

schouw
Visitor

I also looked at the site of nextronics and I think i found the part.
This is of help, thank you.
I had another problem 1,5 year ago with , in warrantly time ( continously fault error:driver_not_less_or _equal).It has been repaired, the parts were almost 1800 euro's, almost as expensive as the computer itself.
I have an PCG-GRT916Z, but now the screen turns black, it only lites up for a few seconds and then turns black and stays off.
An engineer has looked at it and it seems to be the inverter.

jonoo
Visitor

Yup.....most laptop makers & PC Makers are happy to provide spare parts in Europe, it's a shame Sony has this policy here.
I geuss thats what they mean by BE LIKE.NO.OTHER