Join now - be part of our community!

IP address for VAIO laptop VGN-FW11E

ClaireRiley
Visitor

IP address for VAIO laptop VGN-FW11E

:slight_frown:
Can anybody tell me how to get the IP address for my SONY VAIO VGN-FW11E. Is this individual to my laptop or is it the same for all of the same model. I have tried going to command prompt and releasing it etc as per the sony help but this doesnt work. My ISP says to ring sony and ask for it, but theyre only onpen monday to friday 8-6 so I'm without internet till they get back to my email.

If the IP address is the same for all VGN-FW11E please can someone with the same mode please access their IP address and send me it?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.pt_PT.title
luisarn
Explorer

:slight_frown: 
Can anybody tell me how to get the IP address for my SONY VAIO VGN-FW11E. Is this individual to my laptop or is it the same for all of the same model. I have tried going to command prompt and releasing it etc as per the sony help but this doesnt work. My ISP says to ring sony and ask for it, but theyre only onpen monday to friday 8-6 so I'm without internet till they get back to my email.

If the IP address is the same for all VGN-FW11E please can someone with the same mode please access their IP address and send me it?

I'm wondering why your ISP is asking for your IP address.
The default configuration of the network adapters and wireless are DHCP , which means your ISP should provide you the IP.

You shouldn't have any IP address configured if you're not connected to your service provider.
Open the command line (cmd) and type: ipconfig

You should see something like the following:
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : netcabo.pt
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : ab12::34cd:f0c0:f7f7:1c26%8
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : xxx.yyy.www.zzz
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.200.1

where xxx.yyy.www.zzz is your IP address.

Regards,
Luis Neng

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Luis is right. Let us know what is displayed when you go to the CMD screen and type in IPCONFIG /ALL?

If your Router is set to be a DHCP Server and your Vaio is set to 'Use DHCP' it should connect.

What ISP are you using?
What make and model router are you using?
What wireless security have you set up on the router?

:thinking: