is my sony vaio VPCEB1EOE compatible wit windows 8

is my sony vaio VPCEB1EOE compatible wit windows 8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi,

Compatible maybe yes, supported by Sony no.

You will probably have noticed that there are no driver/utilities available at this time for your model and the indication is that there never will be.

If you wish to experiment and search for compatible drivers then go ahead but you will be unlikely, at this time, to achieve a fully functioning Vaio running Windows 8 due to the lack of Sony utilities (Fn keys etc.).

Models released in Spring/Summer 2011 have limited support and those released after that date have full support – even then there seems to be problems after upgrading – a search of this forum will confirm. You could try researching more recent models of the same series on the support site for compatible drivers and utilities but these may fail to install.

Quite honestly if you are currently running Windows 7 and are happy that it is working well then stick with it for the time being.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi,

Compatible maybe yes, supported by Sony no.

You will probably have noticed that there are no driver/utilities available at this time for your model and the indication is that there never will be.

If you wish to experiment and search for compatible drivers then go ahead but you will be unlikely, at this time, to achieve a fully functioning Vaio running Windows 8 due to the lack of Sony utilities (Fn keys etc.).

Models released in Spring/Summer 2011 have limited support and those released after that date have full support – even then there seems to be problems after upgrading – a search of this forum will confirm. You could try researching more recent models of the same series on the support site for compatible drivers and utilities but these may fail to install.

Quite honestly if you are currently running Windows 7 and are happy that it is working well then stick with it for the time being.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat