Join now - be part of our community!

Is Sony Vaio UK customer service & support always so Bad?

profile.country.en_GB.title
dom9y1
Visitor

Is Sony Vaio UK customer service & support always so Bad?

Is Sony Vaio customer service UK always so Bad?

On the 25/10/12 I emailed Sony vaio support about a problem with my laptop palm rest, I stated that it was peeling up around the edges of the laptop. I received a swift response on the 26/10/12 acknowledging the issue and asking me to reply with photographic evidence highlighting the exact issue. This email was sent by Sony employee Mohamed Badr, I responded immediately eagerly expecting a response. I have however received no further response from Mohamed Badr or from any other Sony employee in response to my issue. I waited a few days and emailed back again stating that I have not yet received a response, I then waited a few more days and by this time it had been well over a week since first contact. I was extremely frustrated by this and decided to contact Sony Vaio support by phone on the 8/11/12, I waited around 10 minutes to be put through to someone who I again outlined the issue to, he was not particularly helpful and when I told him my laptop serial number, he stated that it belonged to someone that I have never heard of with an email address that I have never heard of. I registered my laptop when I received it and so I was shocked to hear that someone else has already registered the serial code, upon hearing this I checked my list of Sony products online and found that my laptop was no longer in the list. I am extremely angry to hear that someone else has managed to register my serial code, due to the nature of my work I made it vital that nobody else had access to the laptop serial code, the only other possibility is that they managed to guess the code which I believe is extremely unlikely or that they managed to access the code through Sony somehow. This is a fraudulent registration of a product that they do not own! Furthermore, when stating that I have had no response to my initial issue, he didn't have an answer and merely stated that I should email again even though I have done so twice, I then requested to find out more information regarding the emails, he then however stated that his system terminal had crashed and that I would have to wait 30 minutes to continue, the phone number is a premium rate line so I inquired if I could receive a call back to which he responded no. I therefore decided to end the call as I was not willing to wait this long. Upon checking my phone bill I have been charged £6.28 for a 15 minute call, I am not willing to spend this amount of money for a sub standard service. As a result I am writing this post to voice my extreme displeasure when dealing with Sony Support, I expect a company of Sony's calibre to look after their customers, considering I spent a great amount of money purchasing my Sony Vaio. It has been two weeks since I first contacted Sony Vaio Support and the issue regarding my laptop is still unresolved. Furthermore I am still greatly concerned about the registration of my product by someone else and are unhappy in the way in which I have been treated by Sony Vaio Support. I want an explanation as to why I have been treated in this sub standard manner!

I believe that the reason for the palm rest peeling up is due to the heat of the laptop, it has an i7 CPU and I believe that the heat from this has melted the glue under the palm rest causing it to peel up, after conducting research I can see that this is not an isolated incident and that the problem is that the laptop gets too hot causing it to peel. I do not think that replacing the palm rest would resolve the issue as it would happen again due to the heat of the CPU. The product is still in warranty and so Sony has to repair it!

I have emailed two more times since and have still not had a response!

Also, my brother has recently purchased a Vaio on my recommendation and I am starting to regret my decision!

I Just feel really let down by Sony!

Anyone else have such bad service with Sony?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dom9y1 and welcome.

I am sure you are aware that this is a User forum and as such, is not actively monitored by Sony.

That said, the service you have received is not acceptable and I will try to get an answer for you from Sony by referring your comments to someone who can hopefully help.

It is almost impossible for someone else to register your product as their own and I can only think the help desk person has made a mistake.

Unfortunately, Vaio Support don't operate at weekends.  So nothing will happen before Monday.

My sympathies are with you!

HolleyWould
Visitor

It is now 25/2/2013 - any progress on this problem?

I seem to have more success with a brick wall than I do with Sony "Support".

I have tried to email Support but the system is "not working at the moment due to maintenance", the 'phone Support is an expensive labyrinth.

Do you have an address for Sony Vaio Support in the UK so that I can send them a list of my woes?

Regards

HolleyWould

(if he could)

Jackip
Visitor

Yes, my laptop has come up as no operating system less than a month after I purchased it. I have arranged for it to be collected twice. I still have the laptop.

The first time I waited in all day for the courier, no-one showed up. The courier and I were given different dates.

The second time the courier showed up he gave me a blank shipping form and asked me to fill it in. Sony informed me the courier would bring a pre-paid label. So, once again, my computer was not collected.

I'm currently waiting for Sony to contact me and inform me as to how they can waste a third day of my time....

I have no faith in their customer service department and now seriously concerned that if I hand over my new computer to their courier, I'll never see it again.....

I am now thinking that I should contact trading standards UK so that it may jump start Sony into doing something and ensure they have to deal with the matter professionally.

I like you would never buy another Sony product or recommend them after this shambles.

toffee3
New

I totally agree.

Waited 10 mins to get through to sony support on a sunday???

Been having issues with our playstation control pad constantly vibrating. Employee on the phone was very very rude we ended up trying to say was our fault. He was awful and couldent be botherd wish we got his name. We hastantly hung up on him as he was saying that we had to pay for return and if was our fault had to pay for repair which was a word I cant say on here but I think you know what im trying to say. Which annoyed us decided to open up ourselfd and have a look was a shortwire that had leaked out on curcit board so we cleaned of ressdue and now works fine.(dont do this at home kids as my hubby has a dagree in computer science so we decided to take risk and yes I know warranty is buff now but sony where no help) becouse it aquired slight damage from when wouldent stop vibrating they dident want to know. So was worth doing and paid off for us.

My daughters hard drive on her HP laptop went goose a month ago and they where absolutly amazing compared to sony. what a diffrence good customer service makes becouse I now wouldent buy any other laptop then a HP. There customer service was second to none. Me and my husband wher discusted by there attatude today. I personally Love Sonys products and I will stand by there products but if anything goes wrong at all they are a nightmare, I would recommend buying insurance with any sony product this is certanly a lesson I will take from this as they will do everything in there power to avoid repairing if there is a fault which goes against our statutery rights.

SO SONY THERE WAS A FAULT WITH PRODUCT, BUT IM SURE YOU WOULD HAVE WORMD YOUR WAY OUT OF REPAIRING ANYWAY.

Mke sure you know your rights people its here to protect us.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be of satisfactory quality, be fit for purpose and match their description. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you provide me with a replacement.

They make good products but damb ther after care really IS BAD.

sgdavies

Yes, sadly so.....:smileycry: