Join now - be part of our community!

Is there anybody out there????

Thorin
Visitor

Is there anybody out there????

Hallo all! I watched this forum now for a few weeks and I`m very dissapointed.....Everybody here hates the Vaio Pocket: this thing is bad...that thing is worse. MY QUESTION: IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO LOVES HIS VAIO POCKET???

Listen: For me, I love it!!!!!!!!!!! In every way, If I don`t like it, I will bring it back, but I don´t post always the same. It borders me, to read always the same problems. People, find your own way to use it. A PC is only so intelligent like the person who use it.
Thats my opinion.
I use itunes for working with music, and SS only to transfer. I have all covers and I have every artist to its own album.....

THORIN

12 REPLIES 12
William
Visitor

I am pleased you are very happy with your Vaio Pocket.

Unlike you the vast majority of Vaio owners only use this Forum as a tool for obtaining solutions to their problems.

I am sure there are many, many very satisfied owners of Vaio Pocket and their lack of posts is a testament to this.

It is nice that you as a satisfied customer took the time to post that here.

William

hornma
Visitor

Wow my second post :slight_smile: I must be the silent majority....
I have been popping in here on a regular basis.. but its always the same few problem threads.. so I have not bothered to join in as such...

But thought I would respond here to also say I am very happy with my Vaio. I am now on my second (had the 20Gb which I sold up for a 40gb version)

Now before the firmware it did have issues with navigation, the listings being cut off when scrolling and the discharge of the battery in about 2 days .. but since version 3 I am very very happy.

I have had no freezing/crashing.. I have about 20Gb of mp3's all with album art loaded. SS works fine for me but I also only use to transfer the music across.. I do not use it for ripping etc I prefer EAC/Lame

I get about a weeks worth of playtime from the player.. as I use it everyday for the 2 hour commute + at work during the day. I do try and ease the strain on the battery by having the lowest brightness setting, short backlight time and by using hold to shutdown the screen.. but in truth I wish my mobile would survive as long ( lg on3 ) before needing recharging.

I see no reason why you could not get 20 hours continous playback.. maybe someone should give it a go. thers not mucvh more to add.. I'll just keep checking here in case info on further updates arises...

Oh as a aside I really like the Sony case you can get for £10 very strange microfibre style material .. nice snug fit.. and still it all fits in my shirt pocket :slight_smile:

Cheers

Matt

JoergK
Visitor

Everybody here hates the Vaio Pocket: this thing is bad...that thing is worse. MY QUESTION: IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO LOVES HIS VAIO POCKET???

I love it.
I REALLY do.

If I didn't, I would have brought it back 2 weeks ago (still have time till Jan 31!) instead of trying to find out if it is defective or not, or if it would be possible to fix it with a future firmware upgrade.

But if somebody sells me a device which boasts "20 hrs battey life" , I expect e.g., that I am able to use it about 20 days one hour each day before I have to recharge it.

If, instead, the device discharges itself in a week, used or not, I feel ripped off.

And if you, Thorin, have some right to your nick, you should know what Thráin said when he received from Nár the message of his father's fate.

nemo66
Visitor

Thorin....WoW....Respect! :smileygrin:
So let´s talk about "LOVE"....the most beautyfull thing on the earth...[:">]

U love:smileyrose: ur PVaio....okey....but how about it when the battery is empty (after hours of love....:smileytongue: )

...just joking....

Sure it is a nice hardware, but it does not meet the expectations and mostly it does not meet the manufacturer specifications!!!
Tha´s why people mock about it......and i agree with that!

TygerTyger
Visitor

but how about it when the battery is empty (after hours of love

Oh dear, even I thought of a certain someone on this forum when I read that, and I never do. Someone's turning me.

profile.country.en_GB.title
torins
Visitor

I love it.

Its a great player, backs up my important Docs and acts as a photo viewer, but more importantly a photo backup for my pc.

It has a great case and yes it doesn't have any accessories and might never have, but I looked at this before i bought it!

These forums do lend themselves to a bit of sony bashing & frustraition, but if your going to spend over £200 shouldn't you have looked at the limitations of the devise before buying it?

So, its not an ipod -so what, it looks cooler & less people have them, its less popular so less of a target to be pinched!

On the plus, mine works great, using the Vcard viewer adds another use to it & as mentioned before on this forum buy a non-basher, its up to us, the users (well, the IT clever ones) to make the most of a great devise & stop bemoaning it for what its not - do you slag your car of for it not being an Audi TT (or whatever tickles your fancy)?

Psaila
Visitor

I must say after having one for A week over the Xmas break, Its cool .

Yes when it works , looks good I admit .

Not many have them , I now understand Why

It would have been cool If it worked , not to take all my time loading and reloading Firmware Updates As we All have had to.

Having to reset the unit every time it had frozen , really did make me take the Unit back to the Sony centre I bought it from .And I was more than Happy to Get My Money Back if Full .

Nice Idea though

But When Its on the market working , hey give me a call .

danrj
Visitor

I have to say I have had no problems with my VP at all, I love it to bits. No freezing or crap battery life. It, so far, has lived up to all my expectations. It doesn't quite have the cool factor of the iPod but is cool in its own way and less of a mugging magnet. A few minor issues need clearing up but they aren't as glaring as some of the iPods faults like awful battery life and regular breakdowns (3 in 1 year for me).

Maybe if Sony made more of an effort to advertise the VP then more people would buy it and there would more reason for them to make accessories and updates to the firmware.

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

it's nice to know someone else (danrj) had had almost exactly the same experience as me - just out of interest did you have a first/second/third generation ipod? i've had 3 break in 2 years