Join now - be part of our community!

Jealous / eifersüchtige Software (English + Deutsch)

ArnulfSopp
Visitor

Jealous / eifersüchtige Software (English + Deutsch)

Hi there!

English:

My Vaio was sold along with some software for video processing and CD recording. As I wanted to go on using much more powerful programs I had paid big money for before, I installed them, but none of them worked. Obviously the built-in software attracts all tasks to itself and prevents other programs from doing them, e.g. denies access to the CD recorder for them.

Is this problem known, and has it been solved by anybody? How?

Thank you for answers!

Deutsch:

Mein Vaio wurde mit einiger Software zur Videobearbeitung und zum CD-Brennen verkauft. Da ich meine alten, besseren Programme weiter benutzen wollte, die teuer genug waren, habe ich sie installiert, aber keins lief. Offensichtlich zieht die eingebaute Software alles an sich und hindert andere Software daran, diese Aufgaben zu übernehmen, indem sie z.B. den Zugriff auf den CD-Brenner verweigert.

Ist jemand demselben Problem begegnet und konnte es lösen? Wie?

Danke für Antworten!

Arnulf

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The Sony software shouldn't stop access to your CD recorder - what specific problems are you having? What programs?

ArnulfSopp
Visitor

Hi Rob!

Thank you for your immediate answer!

You wrote:

The Sony software shouldn't stop access to  your CD recorder - what specific problems are you having? What programs?

It's Nero 5 along with InCD (to make a CD-RW behave like a normal disk). The drive first is recognized by Nero, but in burning mode only a "virtual disk" is offered as a destination, just as if there was no recorder.

I'm not an expert but in my imagination the Sony software probably links the CD drive already upon booting the OS (Win XP). So I compare it to a doc file being loaded into Word which prevents me from any further access to it (delete, move, edit a.s.o.).

kee-lo_

Are you sure your drive is compatible with Nero?

ArnulfSopp
Visitor

Hi, Kee Lo!

Are you sure your drive is compatible with Nero?

No, I'm not. How can I find this out?

kee-lo_

No, I'm not. How can I find this out?

http://www.nero.com/en/content2/recorder.html should be able to help you out.

robpaxton
Explorer

I would've said that :laughing: If I hadn't been to the cinema to watch X-men 2 :laughing:

kee-lo_

So, was it any good Rob?
Hoping to see Matrix Reloaded next week, when the crowds die down.
The cinemas are packed out lately.

ArnulfSopp
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo!

Thanks for your reaction!

[http://www.nero.com/en/content2/recorder.html | http://www.nero.com/en/content2/recorder.html] should be able to help you out.

I first checked the name of my drive with "properties" and was pretty astonished not to find a Sony but a Toshiba device. But it was in Nero's list, so it should have cooperatied with the program.

Thanks again and best regards!

Arnulf

kee-lo_

No problem, hope Nero works for you now. Otherwise uninstall Easy CD Creator if you have it on there.