Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard, touch pad and special buttons stop working.

profile.country.en_GB.title
topinfofrt
Visitor

Keyboard, touch pad and special buttons stop working.

Hi,

My SONY VAIO (crap) laptop was yesterday in sleep mode and after starting it the keyboard , touchpad and special buttons stop working.Model is VPC-F13C5E.The current opperating system is Windows 7 - 64 bits.

I mention that keyboard works during start-up , I can enter in BIOS and change setting or move aroaund options.It is still not working in safe mode or even when trying to install windows from a bootable CD, etc ....

The special buttons working also during start-up, like display off.

I observed that if I put it to sleep and turn it on after, some keys start working like Fn+F5 , Fn+F6 (brightness).

I also tried to boot with a Linux CD, the keyboard is not working properly,I can press the keys, some of them will work but immediately the PC turns off.

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED ABOUT SONY PRODUCTS NOW.THIS CRAP NEVER HAPPENED WITH OLD MODELS WHICH I STILL OWN AND THEY WORK PERFECT.THE HIGH PRICE IS NOT ANYMORE JUSTIFIED FOR THIS QUALITY.

Any help will be apprecited , because it seems is not a software issue, neither hardware, it looks more like some bios or low level commands are *** up.

Thank you SONY FOR A WONDERFUL PRODUCT WHICH HAS JUST ONE YEAR WARRANTY.NOT I KNOW NOT TO BUY YOUR NEW PHONES LIKE XPERIA EITHER.

YOUR PRICE IS NOT ANYMORE JUSTIFIED FOR THE QUALITY AND WARRANTY YOU OFFER.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: -Soup-

edit for language

0 REPLIES 0