Join now - be part of our community!

laptop & graphics cards

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
old-git
New

laptop & graphics cards

hi there does anyone know if i can install a mobile graphics card into my vaio vpceh2n1e laptop (currently has no dedicated card inside).thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi old-git and welcome.

You have chosen a Vaio model that uses the Intel HD 3000 Graphics that are part of the Intel i5 Processor and HM65 chipset.  As you have found out, this is a important decision because the graphics chipset cannot be changed later.

Unlike the older desktop computers, which had a removable graphics card, nearly every notebook computer has a graphics chip that is soldered into the motherboard.

This means upgrades are not economically possible.

Is there a particular reason why the Intel HD Graphics are not suitable for your use of the Vaio?

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi old-git and welcome.

You have chosen a Vaio model that uses the Intel HD 3000 Graphics that are part of the Intel i5 Processor and HM65 chipset.  As you have found out, this is a important decision because the graphics chipset cannot be changed later.

Unlike the older desktop computers, which had a removable graphics card, nearly every notebook computer has a graphics chip that is soldered into the motherboard.

This means upgrades are not economically possible.

Is there a particular reason why the Intel HD Graphics are not suitable for your use of the Vaio?

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
old-git
New

hi blencogo, thanks for info.couple of reasons 1. my daughter wants to use photo shop elements,im not sure if the onboard graphics would be up to the task .2.want to start playing video games .3,i like tinkering with stuff.