Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop overheating: open up laptop?

liveforever31
Visitor

Laptop overheating: open up laptop?

Hey all. Had a Vaio PCG-415S for a year or two now, and I think it must be overheating as the fan is running extremely loudly, and the bottom of the laptop is very warm.

The other week I tried opening it up, but even after taking out all the screws could still find no way into the laptop, I'm wanting to get to the fan and give it a good clean, tried compressed air but didnt notice too much of a difference.

Was wondering if anyone knew how to get into my laptop?

Also, the battery life is appalling, lasts 15-30 mins at best when its fully charged. What can I do to sort this out?

Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.pt_PT.title
luisarn
Explorer

Hey all.  Had a Vaio PCG-415S for a year or two now, and I think it must be overheating as the fan is running extremely loudly, and the bottom of the laptop is very warm.

The other week I tried opening it up, but even after taking out all the screws could still find no way into the laptop, I'm wanting to get to the fan and give it a good clean, tried compressed air but didnt notice too much of a difference.

Was wondering if anyone knew how to get into my laptop?

Also, the battery life is appalling, lasts 15-30 mins at best when its fully charged. What can I do to sort this out?

Cheers.

About the battery, I think it is dead already. There's no way you could recover it. It's time to buy a new one. :slight_smile:

HateBreeder
Visitor

Hello,

Are you sure you know what you are doing?
Have you ever opened a laptop before?
If not, you really don't want to do it by yourself, take it to a computer store and they will clean it up for you.