Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop Problem KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

jaycrooks
Visitor

Laptop Problem KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

My PCG FX705 Laptop keep crashing and coming up with an error KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.

iT ASKS ME TO DISABLE BIOS

cAN ANYONE HELP?

25 REPLIES 25
Woody27
Visitor

The computer has also been giving some clicking noises at irregular intervals

It does indeed sound as if your HDD is on the way out! :slight_frown:

CW

TygerTyger
Visitor

Follow Snipes excellent advice. That's exactly what I just did to get my computer to start again after it declared the hard drive unmountable.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Still having trouble TT?

TygerTyger
Visitor

Above post says it all really. Failed hard drive and no working backup drive. I'm trying to copy it all via the network before it goes totally. Still, I'm feeling slightly smug using a fully working computer that was unmountable this morning lol.

kee-lo_

Glad you got it to load up, backup ASAP though.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Yeah but you know what it's like when a hard drive can't read files properly it's slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....................

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Happened to me TT - one file - the help file for Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2.0 - cleared up using CHKDSK and AUTOCHK - wierd! Very slow to access some files - but CHKDSK did speed things up no end - along with Defrag.

Snipes
Visitor

Still, I'm feeling slightly smug using a fully working computer that was unmountable this morning lol.

COOL! :cool:

kee-lo_

It just mainly moves the file out of the bad sectors
James: 80 to go to your 100th! (god you're faster than me)

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

(god you're faster than me)

ROFL - Well I've got to give you some motivation LOL!:smileywink: You have many 1000's more posts than me anyway - something to be truely proud of mate.