Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop running too hot

dhansoia
Visitor

Laptop running too hot

I have a 6 month old AR51SU and right from day one it feels hot. Just start and browse and it feels hot already. I run PC Wizard 2008 and it shows both cores around 70 and GPU around 73. While playing games, it even crosses 80+. I have also attached screen shot of resource monitor.

4 REPLIES 4
gadgetgeezer
Visitor

I just refurbed my 4 year old VGN-S4XP including repainting it because it was looking very worn . Anyway, I had to strip it down to repaint it and guess what? It was full of dust expecially the grill where the air comes through the cooler. I doubt if that is your problem but it definitely happens. It certainly runs quieter now and cooler.

charfieldstfc
Visitor

My VGN-S4VP is beginning to make a few noises and i'd like to take-it-apart, did you have a Manual (or similar) to enable you to strip your machine?

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Are you aware about this issue...

CPU Usage increases to 100 percent while you scroll through a Web page in Internet Explorer. See here...

Also, at some cases, you can solve this classical issue... The fan of my VAIO is making a lot of noise.

Solution:

NOTES:

* Please bear in mind that a fan is a mechanical device and that it is normal for it to make some noise. However, it is possible on certain VAIOs to reduce the noise.
* Please note that reducing the noise will also decrease the performances of your VAIO.

First try the following solution (which does not apply to every VAIO model):

1. Restart your VAIO.
2. Press F2, when you see the Sony Logo.
3. In the BIOS, select Power with the arrow keys.
4. Select Thermal Control Strategy and press ENTER.
5. Select Silence.
6. Press F10 and then ENTER to save the changes and exit.

If the above option is not available in the BIOS:

1. Right-click the Powerpanel icon in the system tray.
2. Click Edit/Create Profiles, then double-click Thermal Control Strategy-Performance.
3. Change the settings to Quiet.

Also, I would like to suggest for you to send your Laptop to SonyVaio to be cleaned.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

did you have a Manual (or similar) to enable you to strip your machine?

Hi charfieldstfc,

I have sent you a Private Message, use the following link to view your messages: Private Messages