Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop Screen Flickers ON and OFF with power Light

profile.country.en_GB.title
sab201
New

Laptop Screen Flickers ON and OFF with power Light

Good Day,

I am having a weird problem after I updated the graphics drivers for my Sony Vaio Laptop.

Model Number is VGN-AW31M. I purchased it in 2009 December. It came with a graphics card Geforce 9600M GT, 512 MB. The Graphics card drivers are out of date and so most of the new games were running slow in the system.

It was not possible to update the drivers so I force installed the latest drivers for the graphics card Driver version 301.42 from NVIDIA for the Geforce 9600M GT. The brightness level became excellent and the screen looks very sharp than before. The games started playing like a charm with good quality graphics and good performance.

But I started getting this problem. Once a while in a day suddenly the monitor screen goes on and off continuously for about 2 minutes along with the power light in green. The flickering is fast unlike in the sleep mode in red. Same as when the battery runs out.

I have updated drivers some six months ago but there was no problems and there was no improvement in performance as well. This time the drivers improved the performance but this problem started coming.

Could the experts please advice me the cause of this issue. Is it because of the graphics card or some other power or battery related issue. Or is it a sign of a greater issue, if left unsolved would this lead to serious problems later?

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards.

0 REPLIES 0