Join now - be part of our community!

LCD brightness - Changing it self....

Yonaz
Visitor

LCD brightness - Changing it self....

Have a real annoying problem.
When I start my VGN-SZ2VP running on batteries and then plug in AC power then the screen changing brightness all the time by itself from bright to extremely dark... I could have understand it if it's the opposit - going from AC Power to batteries.

I'm trying to change the setting in the controllpanel and everything but nothing helps, the screen turns into very dark just minutes after I brighten it up!
Only thing that helps is to make a restart.

EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

Anybody have a solution???

TIA

7 REPLIES 7
Yonaz
Visitor

Am I the ONLY one experienced this problem ever...?

:cry:

PS.
This is my first and last SONY ever.

Waqz
Visitor

Lol. I experienced this problem....Very simple actually....

Do you have the Vaio Utilities on your laptop/pc?
Open Vaio Control Center (Should be in All Programs in Start)
Click Power Management. > Click Open
Then a box should come up. Click Vaio Power Management at the top.
Then it says Lcd Brightness. A row for Plugged in and a row for Batteries.
Just change the brightness Level!

Yonaz
Visitor

Lol. I experienced this problem....Very simple actually....

Do you have the Vaio Utilities on your laptop/pc?
Open Vaio Control Center (Should be in All Programs in Start)
Click Power Management. > Click Open
Then a box should come up. Click Vaio Power Management at the top.
Then it says Lcd Brightness. A row for Plugged in and a row for Batteries.
Just change the brightness Level!

Thanks for your effort for trying to help out but as it is the above mentioned is exactly what I do... AND it does not help!
When I change the setting (in Vaio Power Management) to a brighter level (or the same cus I'm already on a level 8 or 9 or at least it says so) then I get a brighter screen (=normal) for about 20-60 seconds and then it goes back to very dark level...
NOTE: this happens only when I switch from battery to AC or opposit.

okay
Visitor

I experienced the same problem myself. You have to go into the nVidia settings and specify that you do not want the video card driver to dim the screen when the battery level goes down.

Waqz
Visitor

Yes it happened to me aswell. It says at the top in Vaio Power Management. If u look it says Pluggged in and Running on batteries. There are 2 options. It should work once you change them and press ok. It worked for me. If it still does not then i do not know what is wrong Sorry.

okay
Visitor

I'll say it again so you don't miss the (probable) solution: the dimming of the screen can be set in two different places: in the power options and in the video card settings. In your case, go to the video card settings.

Waqz
Visitor

Ok...But i did this and it worked for me.... Perhaps that can work for it. Try it out.