Join now - be part of our community!

Leaving the Vaio Pocket connected to the cradle and the ac adapter

profile.country.de_DE.title
thwi
Visitor

Leaving the Vaio Pocket connected to the cradle and the ac adapter

Hi,
one question - just out of curiosity. As I am using my Vaio Pocket mainly over the stereo right now I keep it connected to the cradle (and to the power cord) all the time. The Pocket is switched off, though, while I am not using it.
Is there any problem with this - I only notice that when I use the Pocket like this, instead of the charging symbol I have the symbol which indicates that the pocket is powered by the ac adapter - indicating that the battery is fully charged (the last symbol on page 27 of the operating instructions).
Any risk of overcharging? I don´t think so - but what is your opinion?
Cheers,
Thomas

3 REPLIES 3
thwi
Visitor

Kind of quiet in the forum these days - unfortunately questions remain unanswered. I hope I am not the last one who has kept his Vaio Pocket whereas all the others around here have sold their VPs or have taken them back...
Cheers,
Thomas

supersonyc
Visitor

hey thomas,

no, nothing wrong with that. i would suggest, however, to occasionally unplug the vaio pocket and let it run on battery until it drains, like every 1 or 2 weeks.

and also closely watch the screen of your VP. should you ever see an icon that represents a RED CIRCLE with a white "X" through it, you should also disconnect it!

overpowering is not possible.

cheers.

thwi
Visitor

Thanks for the information, supersonyc. BTW: what does this icon (red circle with a white cross) exactly mean ?
Cheers,
Thomas