Join now - be part of our community!

Lion X on Vaio S series

profile.country.en_GB.title
mrhawk1
Visitor

Lion X on Vaio S series

Hi all,

I am about to buy a new Sony Vaio S series but I would like to make sure to do the right purchase.

I don't want that this sounds like a swearword but I do need to use Lion X but at the same time I do not have 1.500 pounds to spend for a macbook pro. I thought that one of the most feasible solution could be a sony machine with double boot. I am aware that Sony reccomends windows 7, but unfortunately I need both operating systems. Did anyone try to install Lion X on Sony Vaio S series and can say to me whether it works in terms of performance, please? My fear is that I don't want to buy a powerful machine and I cannot use it as much as it can afterwards.

If anyone can share with me their experience I would be grateful.

thanks a lot.

mrhawk1

4 REPLIES 4
mrhawk1
Visitor

Hi,

Is there anyone in this community?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

mrhawk1 wrote:

Hi,

Is there anyone in this community?

Plenty - but nobody who has tried to install Lion X on a new Vaio S-Series obviously.

There are some videos on YouTube of various Vaio Models running OSX but nothing on the Vaio S-Series specifically.  I am not sure where you can go for more detailed advice.

:thinking:

mrhawk1
Visitor

Ok.. thanks anyway Biencogo for your reply.

Cheers,

MacManX10
Visitor

Hi MrHawk1,

Windows PCs are specifically designed to run Microsoft Windows operating systems and although some computer techies have managed to 'hack' Windows PCs and install other operating systems such as Mac OS X (Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion) and Linux, it definitely is not recomended.

On the other hand most new Intel Macs have the ability to run both Mac OS X and Windows OS.

They have a built in app called 'Boot Camp Assistant' that will configure the Mac to be able to install Windows and then you can boot from either OS.

You're right Macs are very expensive but they are beautiful machines, very well built and very reliable and of course very easy to use. I've been using them for over 25 years!

You can buy a Mac Book Pro for as little as £990.00 inc VAT

Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Dual Core i5 2.5GHz 4GB 500GB Notebook Computer

Saying that the Sony Vario range are probably the best Windows computers you can buy!

If I couldn't afford to buy a Mac then I'd buy a Vario.